The School of Automotive Machinists & Technology (SAM Tech) is pleased to make available the CARES Act Emergency Relief Fund to help students overcome economic hardships that have occurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Congress established the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) as a part of the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The fund provides grants to institutions of higher education to assist students with emergency financial aid grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. The fund may assist students with eligible expenses related to their cost of attendance such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and childcare.
All SAM Tech students are eligible to apply for the CARES Act emergency funds. To meet the Federal qualifications and be eligible for emergency funding through the CARES Act, students must:
- Be enrolled in an approved program and be an active student between March 13, 2020 through March 30, 2020
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be registered for Selective Service (if male)
- Be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Not be in default on any Federal student loans
- Complete the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) – CARES Act Certification form
It is recommended that you submit a Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) for BOTH the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school year online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. List the School of Automotive Machinists & Technology so the School can receive your FAFSA information (SAM Tech school code is 030323). If your FAFSA is selected for verification, please submit all required documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
HEERF/CARES Act grants will be disbursed as follows:
- Phase one: All students who meet the eligibility requirements (as listed above) will receive $750. The deadline to have everything competed and submitted is July 15, 2020
- Phase two: Students who applied for phase one may apply to receive additional funds at a later date. Funds will be disbursed until exhausted.
- Funds will be paid to the student through issuance of a check.
|Phase 1:||The application process will open on May 26, 2020. To complete the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) – CARES Act Certification form, click on the following link:
SAM Tech COVID-19 Relief Fund Student Certification Form – Phase 1
|Phase 2:||The application process will open on July 12, 2020. To complete the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) – CARES Act Certification form, click on the following link:
SAM Tech COVID-19 Relief Fund Student Certification Form – Phase 2
Students with questions or concerns regarding the HEERF/CARES Act may contact the Financial Aid Office.
Remember, most of our students qualify for some form of aid. Completing the FAFSA allows you to access this Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) – CARES Act Federal education grant. Grants do not require repayment! It is worth the time to apply so you do not leave money on the table!